Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hiking In A Winter Wonderland


While my friend Amber was in town from Colorado, she somehow convinced me to put my hibernation on hold long enough to go out in the wintery cold and hike, up hills, in SNOW. Crazy, I know. But, we had such a good time. Covered 11 miles with lots of conversation (and lots of landing on my butt! I've got better boots now!)
We hiked and hiked, at one point coming to a road. We considered taking the road back (as I was slipping every other step - even in my good hiking boots). We decided, however, to continue along the trails in the woods. That is until we realized we somehow began going in circles. I was VERY ready for the road at this point because I was continually slipping and falling and just wanted flat ground.

So we begin down the road, and STILL I am slipping and dancing around tring to stay on my feet. After realizing where we were (about 4 miles from the car), and with darkness just around the corner, we called Chris to pick us up and drive us back to the car. I have to give credit where credit is due though - Amber was ready to tough it out and hike back. Crazy crazy girl!! I'm surprised she wasn't exhausted simply from laughing at me sliding around on the icy ground.

No comments: